Co-Chair and Joint Fund Raising Officer - Andrew Melville
- Governor at Hurdsfield County Primary School for 20 years.
- Street Angels in Macclesfield, looking after the young and vulnerable on Saturday nights, when needed.
- WHAM in Macclesfield, for Winter shelter for the homeless, including overnight assistance.
- Hurdsfield Community Group in Macclesfield, keeping the Estate library open, and manning it until other organisations took it over.
- Holy Trinity Hurdsfield Church attendance for 20 years, including attending the PCC for most of that period.
- Support of Cheshire Streetwise, based on Mill Street, in Macclesfield, which is a Foodbank supported by voluntary donations of furniture that is resold to finance its activities.
Co-Chair - Melanie English
- I have been a member of the Green Party since just before the 2015 General Election, which then co-incided with our local town and county borough elections, when I first put my name on the local elections ballot slip on behalf of the Green Party. I’ve stood for most of the local elections since then.
- I’ve lived in Crewe East since 2005, moving from Berkshire.
- I am married and have 3 children and a step-daughter, all of whom, have been educated at various levels in the area.
- I am self employed as a birth and post-natal Doula, supporting women, birthing people and their families around South Cheshire and neighbouring counties. I am also the vice chair of the Central Cheshire Maternity Voices Partnership.
- The Green party ethos of practical sustainability and compassion are a natural extension of my own passion for supporting and encouraging human connection, to each other and to our environment at every level. We have an international climate emergency, but also many local issues that the Green Party can really make a difference to.
- When I have a minute spare, I enjoy reading widely, cooking and baking, being outside with my kids, gardening, social media (I can’t deny it) and occasionally writing stuff!"
Joint Secretary - Kim Heyes
- I am a Community Psychologist and academic at Manchester Metropolitan University.
- I joined the Green Party as I was frustrated that the other parties were not actually doing anything to serve the needs of the many. One thing that many people do not realise is that the Green Party have a lot of great policies, they are not just about the environment.
- I do care about the environment though, and I have recently joined a volunteer litter picking group in Nantwich. Sadly it's needed.
- I am a Trustee/ Non-Executive Director of PSS in Liverpool, a charity that supports people with disabilities, mental health issues, and those who have been victims of domestic violence.
- I am on the committee of the Friends of St Thomas More Catholic High School in Crewe.
- I have 6 children, although they are mostly grown up now! My youngest is a great activist though, and loves coming to Green Party meetings and events. I have one grandchild who was born in February this year. He will also be joining us as soon as he is able.
Media Liaison - John Knight
Treasurer - Walter Houston
- I joined the Green Party after retiring from a lecturing career because it is the only party taking the environment and climate change seriously and linking them with social justice.
- I have twice stood as our candidate in the Macclesfield Tytherington ward for Cheshire East Council, and once for the Macclesfield Town Council.
- Reading, walking and cycling are my main leisure activities.
Membership Officer - Nigel Hennerley
- General Election Candidate for Tatton 2017 and 2019
- Council Election Candidate for High Legh ward 2015 & 2019
- Fighting Fracking and HS2 in Cheshire and the North West. Currently a committee member of Mid Cheshire Against HS2.
- Covid – 19. I was very proud and keen to accept a call from High Legh Parish Council to assist in organising our local volunteer network of Street Champions during this pandemic. Offering support and help to vulnerable people in the community. The programme has been up and running since mid March making sure no one is left behind without assistance for medical supplies and food during self isolation.
- Plastic Free High Legh – I am the community lead in this initiative to gain the Surfers Against Sewage National accreditation. More information.
- As a volunteer at my local football team for the last 25 years I am very proud to have been involved in various initiatives such as “Kick it Out” established as a campaign with the brand name 'Let's Kick Racism Out of Football' in the 1990’s and more recently for the last couple of years, Altrincham have led the way in inclusion and diversity, they were the first ever football team to swap their usual red and white home kit for a rainbow-coloured strip based on the LGBT pride flag. The kit celebrated Football v Homophobia month and demonstrated the club’s solidarity with the LGBT community. More information.
Joint Secretary and Joint Fundraising Officer - Rich McCarthy
- General Election Candidate 2019. Many thanks if you voted for me!
- I joined the Green Party a little over 20 years ago in Scotland. I had been a very active campaigner for Greenpeace, FoE, and local Glasgow charities, whilst working for Energy Action Scotland, the national Scottish fuel poverty charity for about 5 years– and had been forced to realise again and again that no matter how much proof was given to push policy, a simple lack of political will at the top could easily prevent essential changes from taking place.
- MSP list Candidate twice – for Glasgow in 2003, and for West of Scotland in 2007
- Secondary Maths teacher for 20 years: Glasgow, East Kilbride, Wolverhampton, Stoke and Crewe.
- Former foster carer.
- Coordinator of the GPEW Energy Policy Working Group since June 2019
- Member of the GPEW Climate Emergency Gap Analysis Policy Working Group since Oct 2019
- Fortunate to sing wonderful songs with Alsager Community Choir!
- Co-host of the podcast “Dithering on the Edge of Europe” @ditheringE
- Enjoy playing tennis, running, Gym visiting, reading, watching films, and learning languages (German (wife), French (brother), Welsh(University) and Spanish (Why not?))
- Former Energy Auditor and Trainer; environmental volunteer; Security Guard; temp worker coordinator; temp; bartender; factory worker - stores/beer controls cleaner/assembly; supermarket trolley person and shelf-stacker; paperboy and womble!
- I twitter - @richmaccarthy1 and struggle to understand facebook – richard.mccarthy.351
Elections Officer - James Booth
- I am the Elections Officer (from January 2018) of the Cheshire East Green Party. I previously undertook the role of Secretary (from January 2017 to January 2020).
- I stood in the 2017 and 2019 General Elections for Macclesfield, and also have campaigned in Poynton in 2015 supporting our candidate for councillor, actually my mum, and in Macclesfield Central from 2017 to 2019 on behalf of our candidate, John Knight. I stood for Hurdsfield in the 2019 local elections, having led a campaign for recycling facilities for flats in Hurdsfield. Having twice stood as a General Election candidate for Macclesfield, there have been a number of opportunities to follow up with people post-election with regard to Green ideas / solutions. I stood for MEP on the Green Party’s North West list in 2019.
- I am one of the leaders of the youth group at St Mike’s, Macclesfield (from 2007), and am also a trustee of Cre8 (from 2017), which works to help disadvantaged young people from the Moss Estate, Macclesfield. I am a member of the Macclesfield churches’ Eco-Group (from 2017), which campaigns on issues such as climate change and is working on adopting green solutions at a local level, for example, solar panels on St Michael’s roof as an energy source. I acted as a trustee of St Michael’s Church, Macclesfield (from 2012 to 2019), and I am the assistant manager of St Peter’s football team, who play at Windmill Street, Macclesfield (from 2015).
- Professionally, I am a barrister (from 2006).
- I enjoy classic film, tennis and chess!
Social Media Coordinator and Second PPERA (Political Parties, Elections & Referendums Act) Officer - Te Ata Browne
- I am environmentalist, I think it is in my blood. I have descended from a long line of feminist women.
- I grew up on Great Barrier Island, New Zealand, it is only island in the world to be awarded Dark Sky sanctuary status, there is no light pollution. It is truly unique place. It endowed me with a love, respect and appreciation of our natural environment.
- I am a devoted beekeeper and fear further decline. The insect species are declining eight times faster than larger animals.
- I am fiercely passionate about wildlife and sustainability, with a background of woodland planting and management having planted so many trees I have lost count! We have limited time to change our ways. So here I am standing up for our environment!
Web Manager - Richard Barraclough
- I joined the Green party because I'm concerned that the resources of our planet will run out before my grandchildren have grandchildren themselves.
- Retired IT Consultant.
- Vice chairman of Chorley Parish Council. (Chorley near Alderley Edge).